Sunday 31 January 2016

Preparations: Major Project

Preparations


We have not been given the brief to this module yet, but I know it is just around the corner. What I do know is that we can make a show reel or a film.

I think I would like to make a film, however I want to take the art route on this course and I don't know if the film is the art route.


My initial ideas


I would like to make a film about fantasy creatures and/or scenarios, I would love to have a forest setting with all kinds of wildlife, I would stick to British wild life for now because that currently is the wildlife I know most about and can reference better. I plan on taking a trip to a local petting zoo to study some animals as well as get reference footage.
Secondly, I have also had this image in my head that is set far in the past, perhaps quite Nordic and Pagan, again I would have to research this as currently I am too ignorant on the topic.

Another thought was a Boadicea like character charging through the woods with her animal companions, obviously very stylized as it is purely an inspiration not a representation. (You probably guessed it was kind of Miyazaki inspired, Celtic Mononoke).

I may also want to do an animation on my heritage, my family is from Scotland originally although, I am born in England. It would be about the clans of Scotland, again it will be based in the distant past and involve folklore. I have been very inspired by films such as Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea, obviously Brave (which could of been better story-wise, but I am not going to write a review now).

One thing is for sure, its roots and theme will be ancient/ historic Britain. and it will have fantastical twists.

I was very inspired by the animations Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea 

No comments:

Post a Comment